Fun-Learn Pre-School and Fun-Learn Day Boarding School (from grade I onward) are owned and managed by NEEV Academy & Research Centre (NARC), registered under the Societies Registration Act 1961. The ownership of Fun-Learn group of Schools was vested with this said Society, NARC, from its registration in 2013. The day-to-day administration of the schools is vested with the Governing Body of the Society.
Characteristics of our School
Our Founder, Udita Chakraborty, is an alumnus of St Teresa’s Secondary School, Loreto House and Lady Brabourne College. Having worked in India and abroad and being well travelled, she has seen how some of the finest schools in the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America operate. Chakraborty’s attachment with some of reputed schools in West Bengal has given her insights into the curriculum being followed by them. Fun-Learn Pre School & Day Care and Fun Learn Day Boarding School have been founded by assimilating the BEST of all these.
Our vision is to:
- become a centre of excellence in Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Higher education;
- create an atmosphere of learning through curiosity and fun;
- create an environment of growing up together through mutual tolerance, respect and gentility;
- create an ambience of diversity and respect differences;
- deal with challenges fearlessly;
- transact with people justly;
- take care of the weak generously;
- love plants and animals compassionately.
- To provide our students with the highest quality education at par with international schools;
- To not only impart subject knowledge, but also develop the child’s personality, impart life skills training, discipline- 360 degree development of your child;
- To provide a safe and conducive environment for a sound education;
- To excel in extra- curricular activities- sports, creative areas- art, drama, public speaking, dance, music and other performing arts;
- To offer education to All, to democratize education and make its benefits available to the poor, the marginalized, thus empowering them;
- To provide equal opportunity in education to all deserving and meritorious students irrespective of caste, creed, gender or economic backgrounds;
- To offer an inclusive educational atmosphere on the campus, making the campus and classrooms accessible, safe, secure and comfortable even for students with different abilities;
- To create a school that is all-inclusive, that celebrates diversity and uniqueness of all students, teachers and the work-force;
- To promote a culture of harmony between communities and between man and Nature;
- To create a Team of motivated, enthusiastic, loyal teachers and work-force with diverse talents through a safe, fair, conducive, flexible and fun work ambiance for All;
- To bring about diversity in the work-place by employing people with different abilities and orientation;
- To create an atmosphere of free-flowing thoughts and open dialogue without any fear in the campus;
- To promote academic exchange between schools in India and abroad in order to expand our horizon;
- To make our students responsible, sensitive, caring, honest and virtuous human beings;
- To make leaders of our students and help them become agents of change.
Our teachers are trained, vivacious, energetic and fluent in English. They undergo refresher training regularly. Our Special Educators are well qualified and certified to teach our special angels with special needs.
Even our non-teaching staff undergoes mandatory training in how to be child-friendly.
I. The school has classes from Toddler Group (1 year+), Play Group (2 yrs) to Grade/ Class IV at present.
II. Grades/ Classes V- XII will be starting soon. See Announcement for update.
The School has two shifts for Toddler Group & Play Group:
A] Toddler & Play Group Morning session: 8:25 am -10:40 am
B] Toddler & Play Group Day session: 9:50 am- 12:05 pm
C] Nursery- Grade/Class- II- 8:25 am- 12:05- pm
D] Grade/Class III-IV- 9:50 am- 3:30 pm
Fast-Track (FT) classes- Each child is a unique learner. Not every child has the same assimilation capacity. To address this need, we hold special Fast-Track (FT) classes for such students. Regular participation in our FT Classes, helps the student keep abreast with the rest.
Activity Classes-Art & Craft, Sound of Music, Dance, Drama
Sports classes- Karate, Yoga, Swimming (Splash class), Games, Drill & PT
Smart classrooms equipped with audio-visual aids;
Climate-controlled, well-illuminated, spacious, child-friendly classrooms;
Accessible for children with special needs;
Ample space, play ground, terrace garden for the children to play around;
Outdoor games- basket ball, swing, slide
Roof-top Swimming Pool
Montessori learning tools, Play-way methods
Fun toys, in-door games;
Activity rooms/space- for Music, Dance, Yoga, Karate;
Computer Lab, English Conversation Lab, General Knowledge Lab
Open Air Theatre
Child-friendly, safe, hygienic rest-rooms
In-House Pantry service
Parents’ waiting area
On-call Doctor is available.
Special Educator for our special angels
Certified, professional Psychologists/ Counsellors on our panel. Child/ parental counseling can be done on request.
Safety of the child is of paramount importance to us. For this we have introduced smart, tamper-proof ID cards.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The school follows April to March session, like ICSE & CBSE Boards. However, keeping in mind the age criteria of the students, we follow a flexi-admission system as well.
2. Classes are held from Monday to Friday.
3. Pre-school pupils of our school are prepared so that they can get admission to good schools under ICSE, CBSE, International Boards- Baccalaureate, Cambridge Boards or any other recognized educational Board of India.
PAYMENT OF FEES
1.The school fees will have to be paid on a quarterly basis.
2. No rebate is given for school vacation.
3. All fees to be paid latest by the 7th day of the beginning of every quarter. If the 7th day is on a holiday, then the previous working day will be deemed the last date for payment of fees.
4. Late fine will be imposed times number of months delayed.
5. All fees- admission, tuition, etc are non-refundable.
6. Admission fee has to be paid every Academic Year.
7.Fees are usually revised at the beginning of each Academic Session. However, due to unavoidable circumstances fees may also be increased during a running academic year. If so, parents will be duly informed one month in advance.
8. In case of non-payment of fees for more than 2 consecutive months, your ward’s name will be struck off the school’s rolls. Re-admission will be considered, subject to seat availability. Full admission fees have to be paid again for any re-admission even if it is in the middle of the academic session. Full session fees will be charged. Re-admission will however be done at sole discretion of the Principal.
EXAMINATION & PROMOTIONS
1. The School Year is divided into 4 quarters/ trimester. Regular Progress Reports will keep parents informed of the behaviour and diligence of their wards. The Progress Report, must be signed by the parents, and returned on the following working day to the Class Teacher.
2. The Progress Report must be kept safely, with care. Please note this is a valid document that you may require when you admit your ward/s to other schools. Damage/ loss of report card should be immediately notified to the School. Duplicate Report card will issued against payment of fine.
3. Every year we are going to have two term examinations and on-going assessment throughout the year. Pupils will be promoted on the basis of these examinations and their class performance.
4. In all matters regarding promotion the Principal’s decision is final. Requests for reconsideration of a decision will not be entertained.
5. Teachers will record class work in diaries. Parents are requested to go through their wards’ diaries with care.
6. Signed Report Cards must be returned to the school. In case of failure to do so/ loss of report card, a fine of will be charged.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
1. Students must have 90% attendance in an academic year. Promotions may be withheld for students who do not comply with our attendance criterion.
2.Punctuality will be given extreme importance. Students will not be allowed into the school premises once the bell has rung. This is to ensure discipline and also security of your ward.
3. Students who have been ABSENT from a class or part of it must – bring a letter from their parents stating the cause of their absence or delay. In case of an illness exceeding 3 calendar days, a medical certificate must be given. No leave of absence will be granted without a previous written application from the parents. Absence on account of birthdays, marriage feasts and similar social occasions is discouraged.
4. If a child is absent from class for 7 days or more without the written information to the Principal, his name is liable to be struck off the rolls. He may be given READMISSION only at the discretion of the Principal after paying the necessary Admission Fees.
5. School events are important part of the child’s character development. Attendance in school events is mandatory, failing which your child may even face suspension from the school.
1. Uniforms and school bags must be procured from the school only. If students are found wearing uniforms stitched/ procured from outside, the child will be sent back home.
2. Students must come in neat and clean uniform, properly ironed. Under-wears must be worn.
3. Shoes should be of black leather, with laces, well polished; white, knee-length socks.
4. For winter, boys should come in full pants, V-necked black pullovers and girls in black cardigans and white stockings.
5. ID card must be present on the child at all times before entering and after leaving school.
6. Children must use only school bags issued from school bearing school’s logo.
1. Guardians are not allowed to visit the class-rooms or go to the corridors to interact with the teachers during class hours or meet their wards during the lunch break.
2. Parents / Guardians may meet the Principal/teachers only by taking making prior appointment through written application to be written on a plain white paper/in the school diary.
3. Parents should inform the School Authorities if their ward is suffering from any SERIOUS ILLNESS, chronic ailment, physical handicap or sensory defect (e.g. heart disorder or epilepsy). Hiding the illness of a child by parents will not enable us to help the child when in serious trouble. In case of chickenpox, measles, mumps or other such contagious diseases, the parent is required to maintain the requisite quarantine period before the child is sent back to school with a medical certificate of fitness.
4. School has no doctor on call and only First Aid will be given if the student is injured. Guardian will be called at the earliest. We do not have hospitalization facilities.
5. Parents/ Guardians must have their photos on their wards’ ID Cards; failing which students will not be handed over to them.
6. Parents must ensure that their wards wear diapers to school. An extra diaper should be given in the bag along with an extra set of clothes.
7. Lunch box, water bottle must be sent along with the child. A serviette (napkin) must be given along with the lunch box of the child. The school has potable purified water.
8. On Pool days, an extra set of clothes & towel must be packed in the bag.
9. A separate handkerchief must be given to the child. Note- serviette is different from a handkerchief.
10. Parents/ Guardians must attend Child Development Meetings (CDM) and any meeting that may be deemed necessary by the class teacher/Principal.
11. Parents/ Guardians must supervise their children on pool days. No child without parental supervision will be allowed to enter the pool.
12. Children suffering from any illness or infectious disease/ skin problem will not be allowed to enter the pool. This is for the safety of the other children.
13. The school is not liable for anything that may happen to your child on its premises.
14. School Diary must be brought to school daily. Loss of the diary must be immediately reported to the school. A new will be issued against a fine.
15. School has its own library. If any book is lost/damaged by the child, he/she will have to replace the same/ pay fine.
16. It is the parent’s responsibility to be abreast of the school’s current rules and regulations.
WITHDRAWAL, TRANSFER & DISMISSAL
1. Students whose conduct is INJURIOUS TO THE MORAL, TONE of the school or incompatible with strict discipline are liable to be dismissed. In particular, stealing, damaging school properties, and any form of verbal obscenity or acts of violence may entail dismissal.
2. Students may be expelled from the school on account of their parents’/guardians’ misbehavior with any of our staff/ any other school student/ any other parent/guardian.
3. Students, WHOSE PRESENCE, is not conducive, or whose application/ attendance is unsatisfactory, or whose parents / guardians show little interest in their wards’ progress, will be required to withdraw their wards from the school.
4. The school is not liable to offer any explanation/ the school does not owe any one any explanation if it decides to dismiss/remove/expel/suspend a student.
5. No refund (in part/whole) of any fees/payment made to the school will be given on account of expulsion/ dismissal/ transfer/withdrawal/ suspension of a student.
6. Transfer Certificates will be issued against a charge.
7. In case of withdrawal due to parental discretion, FULL SESSION CHARGE OF 12 MONTHS must be paid and THREE MONTH’S NOTICE in writing must be given to the Principal by the guardian, before a student may be withdrawn from the school. T.C. will be issued only after all dues are cleared.
DISCIPLINE AND CONDUCT
1.Parents / Guardians must maintain punctuality of their wards.
2. Students are not allowed to leave the school premises without the written permission of the Principal.
3. On their way to and from school students are expected to behave in a civilized manner.
5. Damage/loss of the ID must be immediately reported to the school. A duplicate ID card will be issued against charge. If the holder/ ribbon of the ID is damaged, the same will be replaced against charge.
6. Damage to school property, furniture, toys, play- equipment will be viewed very seriously and parents will be asked to replace/repair, and/or caution will be fully forfeited. If the nature of damage is more than the Caution money deposited, parents will have to bear the additional costs.
7. Parents must maintain discipline themselves; parents must come in formal or smart-casual attires.
8. Shorts, Bermudas, Lungis (unless traditional attire) are not allowed to be worn by guardians/ parents/ chaperones. Parents/ guardians/ chaperones must come properly dressed to school.
9. Parents/ Guardians/ Chaperones must behave with our school staff with extreme courtesy; failing which their respective ward is liable to face strict disciplinary action that may even lead to his/her termination from the school.
10. Rules & Regulations are subject to revision. Please ensure you have the latest copy.